Reminder: HP&M Webinar on Recent Hospital Controlled Substance Diversion Cases — Cautionary Tales; Tuesday, October 3, 2023: 12:00-12:45September 26, 2023
More than 40 registrants — primarily hospitals and pharmacies — have paid significant civil penalties of up to $5,000,000 to settle allegations they failed to report controlled substance thefts or significant losses to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
The risks to hospitals and pharmacies are multi-faceted and growing. Non-compliant facilities face:
- Increased patient and employee health risks — in some cases even overdose deaths
- Multi-million-dollar settlements — and these amounts have been increasing each year
- Significant long-term compliance costs to meet the requirements of government settlement agreements
- Erosion of public trust and confidence in affected hospitals and pharmacies
- Unwanted local and national publicity
Hyman, Phelps & McNamara (HP&M) invites you to join Director Larry Houck for a free webinar on the compliance lessons learned from recent hospital controlled substance diversion cases.
In this webinar you’ll learn:
- How employees diverted controlled substances — their methods are constantly evolving
- What red flags were missed
- DEA inspection priorities
- Safeguards to minimize internal diversion
- Best practices for maximizing diversion detection
Mr. Houck was a DEA Diversion Investigator for 15 years prior to joining HPM in 2001. He conducted numerous employee diversion investigations in the field and later served as Staff Coordinator in Diversion Control’s Liaison and Policy Section at DEA headquarters.
Don’t delay, click here to register today!