HP&M Seeks Junior to Mid-Level Associate: Litigation/Internal InvestigationsMay 17, 2022
Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C. (HP&M) seeks to add a 2nd to 5th year associate to its enforcement and litigation team. Our team investigates and defends against threatened enforcement actions by government prosecutors and regulators, including the FDA and DEA. Types of matters include:
- Representing clients in False Claims Act investigations or in criminal investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice;
- Assisting clients in investigations by U.S. Attorney’s Offices, DEA, or Main Justice, including responding to administrative and criminal subpoenas;
- Conducting internal investigations;
- Representing FDA-regulated entities and DEA registrants in administrative hearings and federal courts; and
- Litigating affirmative and defensive civil litigation matters.
The boutique, collaborative nature of this firm provides junior attorneys unique opportunities to work directly with clients and to contribute in substantive ways to sophisticated, high-end matters. Strong verbal and writing skills are required. The ideal candidate will have experience working at FDA, DOJ, or DEA, prior big firm experience, including litigation experience, and a federal judicial clerkship. E-discovery expertise is a bonus.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. HP&M is an equal opportunity employer. Please send your curriculum vitae, transcript, and a writing sample to Deborah Livornese (firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates must be members of the DC Bar or eligible to waive in.